Dr Amit Saha
MBBS MCEM FRCPCH FRACP
Amit is a Paediatric Gastroenterologist and Hepatologist and trained paediatric endoscopist based in Perth. He underwent his higher specialist training in Paediatrics within the NHS in the UK, and subspecialised in Paediatric Gastroenterology Hepatology & Nutrition from busy and prestigious centres in London including The Kings College Hospital.
After coming to Australia, he also worked as a full time Consultant Gastroenterologist at the Royal Children’s Hospital (RCH Melbourne) till the end of 2020, working within a world class team at one of the great Children’s Hospitals.
Currently he has relocated back to Perth and holds a public appointment at St John of God Midland Hospital, where he is also the Director of Clinical Training in Paediatrics; and offers his services as a paediatric gastroenterologist in his private rooms. Apart from clinical work, he also has a passion for teaching and has a postgraduate certificate in medical education from the UK and holds an academic appointment as senior clinical lecturer with Curtin University.
Amit has extensive experience in managing all aspects of paediatric gastroenterology, with expertise in common childhood problems such as chronic constipation, encopresis, chronic abdominal pain, reflux, poor weight gain, feeding difficulties, celiac disease, problems of the oesophagus, IBD, liver and nutrition related problems.
Summary of Experience
- Ex full-time Consultant in Paediatric Gastroenterology & Hepatology at the Royal Children’s Hospital (RCH) Melbourne, until December 2020
- Registered with AHPRA as Paediatrician and Paediatric Gastroenterologist & Hepatologist
- Currently Consultant Paediatrician & Neonatologist at St John of God Midland Public Hospital, Departmental Audit Lead and Director of Clinical Training (DCT) Paediatrics.
- Research – Coordinating Principal Investigator (CPI) of an ongoing international multicentre cohort study in paediatric hepatology
- Senior clinical lecturer in Paediatrics at Curtin University Medical School.
- 14 years experience within the NHS (UK) with subspecialisation in Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and clinical Nutrition (PGHAN) as an RCPCH GRID trainee (London South of Thames rotation- Kings College, Royal London and St George’s Hospitals)
- Peer reviewed publications including 1st author of the RCPCH PGHAN SPIN(SPecial INterest) module curriculum, endorsed by BSPGHAN and RCPCH as the national training curriculum for Gastroenterology SPIN trainees in the UK
- ESPGHAN Young Investigator Award for submitted abstracts, 3 years in a row (2015-2017)
- Ex Committee Member of the RCPCH Trainees Committee
- Post graduate Certificate (distinction) in Clinical Leadership, KSS Deanery, London
- Postgraduate Diploma in Medical Education from ESME/Dundee University
- Associate Professor and faculty at Lincoln University College Medical School, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Oversaw paediatric services as member of the medical team on a 10 day medical camp to Yonibana region in the heart of Sierra Leone, West Africa, with UK Charity “Better Lives Foundation”
- Ex tutor for Paediatrics for the “MedicineAfrica” Program (medicineafrica.com), part of the King’s THET Somaliland partnership (KTSP)
- Work experience in India and Africa as a Paediatrician
Currently Offering Consultations At
PERTH GASTROENTEROLOGY AND LIVER CARE
210 Cambridge St, Wembley WA 6014
Suite 83 3 Barry Marshall Parade Level 5 Wexford Medical Centre, Murdoch WA 6150